Wednesday, January 31, 2018

My January 2018 Running Report

This month saw me getting out of my rut of missing races as I finally ran one: the Newnan's Lake 15K last Saturday (here's a link to the results: [link]).  I was only able to manage this after conquering a problem I had been experiencing of gagging after running any appreciable distance...a Zantac about an hour beforehand took care of that.  My Newnan's Lake run was for the third time in four years...it's becoming one of my favorite races.  The racing shirt that came with my registration was nice, but long-sleeved...not at all appropriate for the high humidity and racetime temperatures in the 50's and 60's...

In January I ran a total of 77 miles, that 9.3-mile race distance being my longest single run.  I missed running on only one day in the month, although on several days I only ran a perfunctory distance.  I'm looking forward this coming month to the Five Points of Life Half-Marathon, to take place on Sunday morning the 18th here in Gainesville.  If I enter it, it will be the fifth time I've run it since 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment