I like that the NCAA finally decided to institute a playoff system to determine the national championship for college football, although I think eight teams in the playoff would have been better than four...after all, basketball has 68 teams in its culminating tournament. Still, it's a marked improvement over the #1 vs #2 format...too bad they didn't go far enough...
The playoff lineup just came out and Clemson will play Alabama in the first round while Georgia faces Oklahoma. The major controversy in the selection process came down to whether the winner of a conference championship game, i.e. Ohio State, would make it to the fourth spot over Alabama, which for most of the year had been ranked number one but had lost a late-season contest against intrastate rival Auburn. The bigshot judges sided with the egomaniacal jerk Nick Saban's team and the Buckeyes were screwed...I've gotten over Saban's desertion of his commitment to coach the Miami Dolphins eleven years ago, but his ongoing bullying of reporters who are just trying to do their job is atrocious...
Well, now that the lineup is set, I feel that I should reveal my picks...but don't run off and make any bets on my account, these are only my preferences...
1 OKLAHOMA
2 CLEMSON
3 GEORGIA
4 ALABAMA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment