I once met the late rock and roll great Bo Diddley while he was getting a new set of tires put on his van at the Sam's here in Gainesville...I was there to get one of my tires repaired and was seated waiting for service while he was standing in line chatting with other customers. I don't know what folks expect when encountering famous people like him, but he was unpretentious, friendly, funny...and very talkative. I didn't get a chance to chat with him, but I did get to acknowledge him and say hi...that's good enough for me. Bo Diddley, who sadly passed away nine years ago and whose real name was Ellas McDaniel, was a pioneer during the fifties in the development and popularization of rock and roll. He may be best known for the special "Bo Diddley beat" that many other acts have used in some of their best songs. The following is a list of my favorites songs with that unmistakable beat in order of preference. But hey...they're all good!
1 WHO DO YOU LOVE?...... George Thorogood and the Destroyers (originally by Bo Diddley)
2 DESIRE................................U2
3 MAGIC BUS........................The Who
4 NOT FADE AWAY.............The Rolling Stones (originally by Buddy Holly)
5 DON'T LET HIM GO..........REO Speedwagon
6 (MARIE'S THE NAME) HIS LATEST FLAME.......Elvis Presley
7 HOW SOON IS NOW.........The Smiths
8 AMERICAN GIRL..............Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
9 I WANT CANDY................Bow Wow Wow
10 FAITH................................George Michael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment