Tuesday, October 31, 2017

My October 2017 Running Report

In October my total running mileage substantially increased to 83 miles.  My longest single run was 4 miles and I ran on every day of the month.  October was a better month for my health as I suffered no sickness or injury.  Having switched my shoes seems to have helped to ward off foot pain.  Also, I have been generally eating better and have lost some needed weight...

In November, Gainesville will host two races: the Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon on the 11th and the 10K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  The half-marathon event will start and end at Boulware Springs Park in southeast Gainesville and covers a section of the Hawthorne Trail.  The Turkey Trot will take place at Tacachale, which is a residential center for the developmentally disadvantaged off Waldo Road in northeast Gainesville.  I think at my current state of fitness that I can cover the 10K race, but I have questions about the half-marathon.  But if I tackle the longer race by running and then regularly taking short walking breaks...as marathon guru Jeff Galloway teaches...I should be able to get through that one, too.  I think the biggest difficulty I will have with either race, assuming I can keep myself free of injury during the next few weeks, is getting myself up so early in the morning when I'd rather just sleep in.  Going to bed early the night before isn't an option: I'm scheduled to work then and end my shift at midnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment