In September I had to contend with some soreness in my right foot, as well as some back strain issues...limiting my ability to train. I missed seven days of running because of this, but managed somehow to run a total of 47 miles during the month. My longest single run was for just 3.5 miles...it's been a while since I've run anything on the order of middle distance, much less the long distances that I prefer...
So with the weather supposedly cooling a bit this coming month, I should hopefully be able to get back to increasing my mileage. It sounds like a broken record, for my running so far in 2017 has not been anywhere near what I want it to be. Yet I think I may have solved that foot problem by going back to the protective shoes I used to wear...ever since I switched back, my feet seem fine. In any event, I will need to drastically get back my endurance over longer distances if I'm to run upcoming races this fall and winter. And I'd better hurry up: the Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon SE of Gaineville will be held November 11, just six weeks from now. And then there's the 10K Turkey Trot on the Tacachale campus in NE Gainesville on Thanksgiving. Next year will spotlight the Ocala Half-Marathon and the 15K Newnan's Lake Run, both in January, and the Five Points of Light Half-Marathon here in Gainesville in February. A grand total of five middle-to-long distance races in our immediate area. If I can remain healthy, I should be able to swing this...
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment