Last Sunday's services at The Family Church here in Gainesville, Florida were cancelled due to Hurricane Irma, and thus I have no sermon here to summarize as I have been regularly doing on Thursdays for nearly a year. I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday's message, but in the meantime permit me to ramble on a bit...
These Thursday blog articles are qualitatively different from the others that I write in that I am not, for the most part, writing my own original thoughts, but rather...with varying degrees of success...those from whomever is behind the pulpit from week to week. Now to be sure, each sermon has its own structure, and part of the experience of receiving it is to reflect on the message and determine its application to my own life and how I should respond. The way I see it, these personal reflections are just that: personal, and each of us is going to receive the message in the special way that God intends for us...
This coming Sunday should see things at the church resume as usual. The Family Church is located at 2022 SW 122nd Street and holds its Sunday morning services at 9:30 and 11. There is the weekly message, praise music, prayer and discipleship opportunities, very friendly people...and some good complimentary coffee. Looking forward to being there again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment