Thursday, August 31, 2017

My August 2017 Running Report

In August I ran for a total of 84 miles, with my longest single run still a rather short one at 3.8 miles...well, at least that's up from July's max of 2.7.  I skipped running on  four days...probably should have taken off more.  Getting myself motivated to run during this extremely hot, humid, and rainy summer has been an almost insurmountable task...I'm just running on momentum and routine habit.  In order to increase my endurance, I've been riding an exercise bike on high resistance as well as occasionally using the elliptical cross-trainer machine at my local gym.  Both are excellence cardio exercises that are no-impact, saving wear and tear on my legs and feet...

In September I plan to do more of the same while gradually getting my weight down with more prudent eating.  I would like to experience some occasionally longer runs, but until the weather begins to cool down and get dryer, I doubt that will happen.  If a 5K race suddenly presents itself in the Gainesville area, I might run it just to keep a public aspect to my running...but so far none seem to be in store anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment