At The Family Church in Gainesville, Florida, pastor Philip Griffin concluded his Let There Be Light series...based on the New Testament book of 1 John...by discussing the topic of confidence. The text of focus was Chapter 5, Verses 13-21...click on the following Bible Gateway link to read it: [link]...
Using John's verses, Pastor Philip listed the ways that God imparts confidence to us: one is that we have eternal life...not from our own accomplishments, but by God's grace. Another is that our prayers are answered by God as we make them according to his will...the goal of prayer is not to impose our will on God but rather to conform our will to his. And in Christ we have God's power to overcome our shortcomings, forge a new identity...changing not only how we see ourselves but also how we see the world, and have what truly satisfies...instead of the idols in their various manifestations that this world provides...
Since I was in Austin, Texas last Sunday, I wasn't able to hear the message live. But that's all right: I (and you as well) can listen to it by accessing the church's YouTube video website...here's a link to last Sunday's message: [link]. As I said before, this was the last in the series on 1 John. The Family Church is located at 2022 SW 122nd Street and holds its Sunday services at 9:30 and 11...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment