In March I went through different stages with my running. At the beginning I was recovering from the eventful Five Points of Life half-marathon I ran on February 26; feeling some aching in my left knee, I lightened up and took a couple of days off from the activity. Then I ran the 10K (6.2 miles) Run for Haven race on Saturday afternoon, March 11, in (and west of ) the town of Tioga...I pushed myself to maintain a good pace with that run and was satisfied with the result. Then, as March wound down I considered running a 10K trail race in Paynes Prairie but decided to bow out due to upper respiratory seasonal allergy issues...I'm now aggressively working to alleviate those symptoms. Then, a few days ago that knee ache began ever-so-slightly...but not wanting to take any chances, I rested from running a couple more days...
For the month, I ran a total of 98 miles, that 6.2 Run for Haven distance being my longest single run. I ran on 27 of March's 31 days, filling in the rest days with some bicycling. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm wearing the right type of running shoes and that perhaps a lighter pair might be more suitable. In April, the main race I see ahead of me is the Run the Good Race 10K/5K run/walk here in Gainesville, proceeds from which are to benefit Iraqi and Syrian refugees through World Help. A good cause to support...and the only 10K event in April, at least in my home county of Alachua. There are plenty of 5K races available this month as well, but after that 10K I plan to enter, I may just wait until May for the next one and instead focus on training smartly...
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment