Saturday, December 31, 2016

My December 2016 Running Report

Well, another year has come and gone and I'm still out there hittin' the roads and piling up the mileage...I ran for a total of 113 miles in December.  My longest single run was for 6.7 miles and I ran on 29 of the 31 days.  I didn't take part in any races this month...none were in Gainesville, anyway, and the closest ones would have had me driving a bit just to get to them.  I'm seeing, though, that I may be doing just this on January 15 when Ocala holds its annual marathon/half-marathon...I've run in both events there over the years (marathon in 2011 and half-marathon in 2013).  If I do enter it, of course I'll be going for the shorter distance.  And on January 28, Gainesville has its 15K (9.3 miles) Newnan's Lake race that I've run a couple of times, including earlier this year.

With my current lifestyle and schedule, I wonder whether I shouldn't just concentrate on running in 10K and 15K races instead of half-marathons, of which I managed to go through all of 2016 without running any.  Even if I do downsize my distances, though, I'd still like to get in one more half-marathon in the coming two months...