Monday, December 26, 2016

Miami Dolphins Clinch Elusive Playoff Spot

I have mixed feelings about Kansas City's 33-10 win over Denver, completed just a few minutes ago Sunday night as I write this.  After all, the defending National Football League Super Bowl Champion Broncos ended the undefeated run last year of my Miami Dolphins' nemesis New England, as well as knocking them out of the playoffs...meriting my gratitude and support.  I've never forgotten what the New York Giants did to the Patriots in the Super Bowls after the 2007 and 2011 seasons, and am very glad they made the playoffs this year.  But Denver's loss to the Chiefs has guaranteed the Dolphins a playoff spot this year, for the first time since 2008, and I have to defer to my old hometown team.  Yippee!!! Better luck next time, Denver...I wonder if you're gonna pick up Tony Romo for next year...

Miami will close out the regular season at home next Sunday against New England, which has already clinched the East Division in the American Conference.  Oakland, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Houston have also qualified, although the seeding for the playoffs has yet to be finalized...the Raiders could potentially be the number one seed with a bye in the playoffs or just be a wild card team like Miami and have to play an extra week with only road games to look forward to.  But who cares...the Dolphins are IN!!!