I know for a fact that the weather around me has an effect on my disposition and attitude. It isn't just a matter of wanting certain conditions, but also an expectation that the weather I'm experiencing corresponds to the season we're in. Right now, it is the middle of December, a time that I am accustomed to relatively cool temperatures and dry air. The pattern in years past has been for generally cool conditions for a few days until just before a cold front hits us, when it briefly heats up after which much colder air pours in. Instead, this year the norm is to have a string of hot, humid days with a brief downward spike in temperature when a cold front sweeps through...and then back to the heat. It shouldn't as a rule be hitting the 80s day after day as it has been doing here in northern Florida. Well, the last few years have also been warmer than usual, come to think of it. Can't be global warming, though...no, no, no, no, can't say that...
So I've been a bit out of sorts all day, and I believe the weather may have something to do with it. It isn't that I physically feel sick...if anything the opposite is true. Maybe I'm just a little too sensitive to my environment, whether it's the news...little good going on there (unless you're a fan of the Russophile misogynist corporate-elitist militarist cyberbully-elect), weather...or even just a more grating, irritating effect of the sounds and sights around me...