Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My October 2016 Running Report

As reported yesterday, I tried on the last day of October to run for 10 miles, but stopped after 3.5 when my sore throat got too dry and I was having coughing fits.  Still, I also had solid 8 and 6.2-mile runs last month, and continue to feel encouraged about my running.  In October I ran for a total of 126 miles and missed running only one day out of the month.  But I think, especially when attempting longer runs, that taking more breaks in the future would be prudent for my recovery...

I'm looking forward to November and the cooler weather it should bring to northern Florida.  From Wednesday through Saturday this week I doubt I'll be running much since I'll be traveling through Georgia with Melissa, but afterward should start getting back on track with my training.  I'm not sure whether I'll get a half-marathon in during the calendar year 2016 as I had hoped, but still may run in some local, shorter races...that Thanksgiving day Turkey Trot 10K race at the Tacachale center off Waldo Road would be a good one...I've already run it a couple of times in the past.  And, of course, there's always December to try to squeeze in a half-marathon if I feel I'm ready by then...