Back on October 31, I tried running for 10 miles but had to settle for only 3.5 after my then-sore throat gave me continuous coughing fits. This morning I set out once again to run around my neighborhood, but this time just to see how I felt as I "ran" up the miles. In the end, I ran those 10 miles, with a final time of 1:39:57. The temperature was in the low 70s and the humidity hovered around 40%: really nice running conditions. It was very sunny, though...no problem: I just wore my sunglasses. I ran while listening to my mp3 player. The music? A shuffled mix of the collected works of Radiohead, Regina Spektor, Kasabian, Beck, David Bowie, Arcade Fire, R.E.M., Sufjan Stevens, and Gorillaz...
Having finally gotten back over this milestone of running 10 miles, I feel encouraged to continue training for upcoming half-marathon (13.1 miles) races in the north Florida area. It's been a long time for me: my last half-marathon race was in February 2015, although I have run a 15K (9.3 miles) and three 5Ks (6.2 miles) since then...
I feel none the worse for wear after my run today, and my throat gave me no trouble. Of course, sometimes I do get leg or foot cramps a little later on as I go through my recovery period. One thing for sure: I'm going to take things easier tomorrow...