Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Signed Up at the Senior Recreation Center

I turned sixty a little more than three weeks ago, which makes me eligible to join the Senior Recreation Center, just a few blocks down the road from where I live here in far northern Gainesville.  I first found out about it because it is also my voting precinct...I was looking forward to finally meeting their minimum age requirement.  Oh, did I not mention that it is free for members?  Well, about an hour or ago I signed up and got my membership card.  I don't know how often I'll go there and what all I'll be doing...I guess time will tell.  I do like their computer room, as well as that front lobby area with the comfy-looking chairs.  There are a lot of classes and programs that they hold during their 8am-5pm weekday hours, including yoga, tai chi, bridge, chess, dancing, and so on.   They also have an exercise room, but alas, only one treadmill.  That's all right, I can run around my neighborhood...and besides, I still have that Gainesville Health and Fitness membership with their hellacious number of treadmills...

This Senior Rec Center looks like a good place to meet others and develop some friendships.  For someone with a reclusive nature as myself, this might be a healthful place to hang around.  I don't know when I'm going back, except that I KNOW I'll be there this coming November 8...to cast my ballot...