The 2016 regular season for Major League Baseball just ended late this afternoon, and the remaining wild-card races have likewise ended...they were close in both leagues. For the American League wild-card spots Toronto and Baltimore got in with identical win-loss records...the Blue Jays won the tie-breaker and will be hosting the Orioles in the one-game playoff this Tuesday. The next day will see the New York Mets at home against the San Francisco Giants...both also finished with the same regular season records, N.Y. winning this tie-breaker. The two teams just missing the playoffs were Detroit and St. Louis in the AL and NL, respectively. On Thursday the League Division Series will start and go on for a few days. Texas will face the American League wild-card playoff winner and the Chicago Cubs will go against that of the National League. Other series will see Cleveland against Boston and Washington against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Indians and Nationals enjoying home-field advantage. I've already indicated a few days ago that I'm going to support Boston and San Francisco for these playoffs...but I feel that the World Series most likely will eventually pit the Rangers against the Cubs. On the other hand, any one of the ten teams that made the playoffs can get hot and surge through to the World Series title...the last few seasons have clearly shown that to be true...
As for me following the baseball playoffs, most of the games will take place while I am at work...meaning that I will miss out on watching the action. I'll just have to wait until the weekends and watch what's available then...