Last night after work, I came home, got a bite to eat, and then went outside to my backyard seat to look at the night sky. It was around one in the morning, and the sky had shifted slightly from the previous time I had sat out there, with Pegasus directly overhead and the star Deneb Kaitos higher and more southern in the sky. But with the exceptions of Capella and Aldeberan lying low above the horizon, that was pretty much all of the stars that I saw, for clouds...those with a small, patchy cotton-like appearance, covered much of the east, where I faced. And near the bottom of the formation was the moon, very bright in almost a last quarter phase. Clouds were flying over and around it, and I began to notice the visual interaction. The closest clouds to the moon, as they generally approached it, did not seem to be going in a straight path, but rather in an unnatural, jerky sort of manner, as if some power were manipulating them. I thought this most peculiar and turned my vision upward to the bulk of the cloud mass. In it there appeared what looked like a face...no, two faces, one emerging at an angle from the other. Then I looked back down at a torrent of low-flying darker clouds as they raced upward from the eastern horizon, passed directly over the moon, and then disappeared in the night sky...
Now you may want to take what I have just written, which is an honest account of what I experienced, and try to draw some sort of conclusion about it. Those inclined to believing more in the paranormal and supernatural may pick up some meaning behind the connections I made with the cloud movements and the faces. Or perhaps, some may decide that I am being unduly influenced by forces that I should leave well enough alone. But the truth is that I just took a few minutes to exercise my faculties of observation and imagination, walking away from it with the pleasant feeling of having experienced something special. So it's not necessary to delve "beyond reality", as a new radio talk show that deals with the paranormal and related topics is named, in order to see meaning in the world around us; learning to observe and imagine...and being able to recognize our imagination simply for what it is...can enrich one's life without going over to the "other side"...