For the month of June I ran a total of 153 miles with me running on every day, usually multiple times per day. My longest single run was for 4.5 miles. I would say that June was a "maintenance" month for me: I'm not getting any better, but if I am slipping any with my running, it isn't by very much. Being more careful with my eating and losing a few pounds would doubtless work wonders with my running progress...other than continuing with my running maintenance, it's my top priority during this uncomfortably hot and humid summer here in northern Florida...
I didn't participate in any races in June...there weren't many offered and for the ones that were, they were too far away and/or in conflict with my schedule. But next month, in the morning on the Fourth (this coming Monday), the Florida Track Club will be holding its annual three-mile Melon Run at Westside Park. I've run it a couple of times before and it may be my only opportunity to enter a public running event for some time. My plan is to run the race as a training run without concerning myself about my speed...but all bets are off when I make that last turn in the road and the finish line draws near, especially since the end of this racecourse is basically downhill...