Monday, May 16, 2016

Currently Reading Some of Neil Gaiman's Works

Neil Gaiman is a contemporary English writer, very popular for his graphic novels, comics, and fantasy/science fiction books.  His output has been prolific, to say the least...I'm just getting started with his works, although I'm not interested in the graphic novels and comic books.  I've previously read Neverwhere, as well as Gaiman's collaboration with Terry Pratchett titled Good Omens.  And now I've just finished reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane, a 2013 fantasy novel.  I'll probably write about it in a couple of days or so...

I have just begun reading Gaiman's three-part fantasy series InterWorld, targeted at the young adult reading audience...a group to which I occasionally pretend to belong.  And further along, I plan to read his novels American Gods and Stardust.  He is an excellent writer who can spin a yarn as well as anyone and who knows how to present realistic and sympathetic characters.  I'm probably going to end up reading just about all of his works... except for those graphic novels/comics, that is...