A couple of hours ago I drove the very short distance...which I could have walked...to my local precinct and voted in today's Florida Presidential Primary and Gainesville mayoral race. The parking lot at the Senior Recreational Center where I vote was packed...uh-oh, I thought, I'm going to have to stand in a long line and wait a while. But no, there just happened to be a lot of seniors enjoying the facilities...I entered the building, walked down the hallway, and stepped right up to the table where the volunteer gave me my ballot without any line whatsoever. I voted, received my "I Voted" sticker, and walked back out into the parking lot. The entire process, from leaving my house to returning, couldn't have taken more than 20 minutes to accomplish...
Voting sites are designed and located to make it as convenient as possible for residents to be able to vote. That certainly is the case where I live. I'm posting this article while there are still six hours left to vote today. If you read this and haven't voted yet (assuming you live in Florida, of course), why not set aside a few minutes and fulfill your important civic responsibility as a citizen of this great country?