Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Books I'm Currently Reading
Right now I'm in the midst of reading a number of books. One of them, which I have already mentioned, is Two-Handed Engine, a collection of primarily science-fiction short stories written by the late husband-wife team of Henry Kuttner and C.L.Moore. I've already discussed the first four stories and intend to write about the next four, which I've just read. I've also been continuing reading some of James Patterson's works...right now I'm about two thirds of the way done with his book The Angel Experiment, the first installment in his young adult science-fiction Maximum Ride series. So far, I like his writing here, which is a marked departure from the style he employed in the other books...more crime/mystery oriented...that I've recently read. I also just checked out the first book in his Women's Murder Club series, appropriately titled 1st to Die. I believe I read that book several years ago: it will interesting to see how much of it, if any, I remember. Finally, in anticipation of the March 8th release of fantasy writer Daniel Abraham's fifth and reportedly final volume in his The Dagger and the Coin series, I am quickly perusing the first four books I've already read in this most interesting and underrated saga. Now that's something I'd like to see adapted to an HBO television series...you can have your Game of Thrones, which incidentally has so strayed from creator and author George R.R. Martin's books that it hardly bears watching, in my opinion. Besides, Martin seems to be taking forever with writing his next volume of the supposedly seven-book series (officially titled A Song of Ice and Fire), while Abraham will have cranked out his entire series in a five-year span...