Although I was experiencing some physical maladies this past month of February, 2016, I managed to run at least a token amount each day and accumulated 171 total miles...usually accomplished with multiple, smaller runs spread throughout the day. My longest single run was for 4.8 miles. I had planned to participate in my hometown of Gainesville's Five Points Half-Marathon on the 21st, but felt too bad that weekend and decided that it would be prudent to pass this time around...
Next month I'd like to step up the mileage a bit, especially with regard to the distances I cover in single runs. I also would like to run in two different 10K races: the Run for Haven event on the 12th in Tioga (which I ran last year) and the Trail of Payne 10K at Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, just south of Gainesville, on the 26th. The latter is a trail run, so the course may be a challenge...especially if it is run under rainy conditions (or if it had rained a lot in the days before the race). As for the Tioga race, I loved the big outdoor party they held, with live music and "free" food for the paying runners...but the 4:30 pm race time did make it a little difficult to withstand with the hot temperatures that fell on us that March afternoon in 2015. Maybe this year we'll catch a break and it'll be cooler...