Sunday, January 31, 2016

My January 2016 Running Report

In January I ran a total of 280 miles, usually spreading out the mileage over more than one run each day.  And I did run on every day of the month.  My longest single run was the 9.3 miles I ran in the Newnan's Lake 15K race here in Gainesville, which took place yesterday (see my previous article about it).  I skipped the Ocala Half-Marathon I had planned to run in on the 17th because of severe weather over the area...

Next month, on the 21st, will be the Gainesville Five Points Half-Marathon.  I should be fine running in it as long as the weather holds up.  My emphasis of late with my running is not to go for personal records, but rather to regain confidence in covering long distances without regard to how fast I run...this seems like a good direction for me to go for the future.  Not that I won't still enter races from time to time, but I'll be going more for the experiences than the results...