Monday, November 30, 2015

My November 2015 Running Report

In November I found myself getting sick a couple of times...nothing serious...but they both happened when I thought I might participate in local running races.  So my running this month was strictly on my own, a solitary venture as the nature of this activity inevitably is, anyway.  Still, I do have a desire to get out in public among other runners and test my endurance in a more social setting.  December should present several opportunities for me to do this...

My November totals: Total mileage was 228.  My longest accumulated distance during a day was 14 miles, spread over the day with several shorter runs.  My longest single run during the month was 4.6 miles.  In spite of feeling under the weather for a few days in November (not to mention my right knee hurting for a time in the middle of the month), I managed to run on every day...even if it was for a negligible amount for some of them...

The weather is turning cooler, albeit very grudgingly.  I'd still like to be able to run the Ocala and Gainesville (Five Points) half-marathon events next January and February, respectively.  I'm in pretty good shape to accomplish this, but I'd like to get through a December race...a shorter one...to give me some more confidence in getting back on the road...