Musically speaking, my preference is for independent/alternative rock...although sometimes I like to sit back and listen to classical or ambient music. My favorite acts are Regina Spektor, Radiohead, Kasabian, Sufjan Stevens, Beck, Arcade Fire, the now-defunct (hopefully just temporarily) Gorillaz, and Spoon...in that order. Of late, I have been listening to recent album releases by Sufjan Stevens (Carrie and Lowell), Kasabian (48:13), and Spoon (They Want My Soul). Aside from the rotation of hit songs played on my local alternative rock station, WHHZ/100.5, I have spent much of my music listening time with these three albums. Although Kasabian's Treat and Spoon's Rainy Taxi are standout tracks on their respective albums, it is Sufjan's Carrie and Lowell that contains the best stuff, with four songs...Death With Dignity, Should Have Known Better, Fourth of July, and Blue Bucket of Gold...being some of the best he has ever done. As for the radio songs I like the most, there are Awolnation's Hollow Moon, Beck's Dreams, Bear Hands' Agora, and the Cold War Kids' First...
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Beck's new album and for Regina Spektor and Radiohead to come out with something new. Regina always seems to have at least a couple of memorable tracks on her albums, but I was disappointed in the last one from Radiohead, titled King of Limbs...
Speaking of music from the radio, I had reported a couple of days ago that WUFT had begun broadcasting their classical music station on FM-102.7. But, alas, only a day after noting this, they went back off the air! Maybe they were just testing...or maybe some trouble arose. I'm still tuning in from time to time with hopes that they're back on the air for good...