Thursday, October 8, 2015

Classical Music Now on 102.7-FM in Gainesville

Finally, a strong classical music station is back on broadcast radio here in Gainesville, Florida.  WUFT-FM, which as the University of Florida's College of Journalism radio station, formerly aired classical music as part of a mixed schedule combined with news, National Public Radio programs, and late night jazz programming.  But a few years ago, it went all news/talk and relegated its classical music to a station that could only be accessed online or with a special HD-equipped radio.  Now, it's back on the airwaves...although on a different frequency than I thought it would be.  I was surfing the radio last night when I discovered a powerful new station playing classical music just before I got to that annoying country station on 103.7 kHz.  I checked it out today, and it is that promised (back in June) WUFT classical station, broadcasting on 102.7.  I wasted no time in programming my car radio settings to give me quick access to this gem...