Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Baseball World Series & NBA Regular Season Starts Tonight

I don't understand why Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association pick the middle of the week to launch their championship series and regular season, respectively...unless it's due to the fact that football so dominates the spectator sports culture in this country at this time of year that other major sports would suffer in comparison were these games to take place on the weekend.  That's too bad for me, since I'll be at work when the Kansas City Royals host the New York Mets and Lebron James' Cleveland Cavaliers face off against injury-prone Derrick Rose's Chicago Bulls.  Fox (Gainesville's Cox Channel 13) will show the baseball game while TNT (Ch. 45) will show the hoops contest (and after that one, the opener between New Orleans and Golden State)...

As a side note, Major League Soccer's playoff schedule also begins in the middle of the week, as UniMas (Ch.90) will show the DC United-New England and Seattle-LA Galaxy matches Wednesday evening and the Montreal-Toronto and Portland-Kansas City matches on Thursday.  Again, I'll be at work and miss all of them.  Sigh...