Monday, September 21, 2015
Return to Running, Albeit Cautiously
I am cautiously advancing once again with my running, being careful not to cause any aggravation to my right foot, which I now see is a case of plantar fasciitis. I do the appropriate stretches recommended for this affliction before running and then run on a cushioned surface while wearing thick-soled running shoes. I will continue to train this way at least until the end of October...and then I'll see where I stand. I still maintain hopes of running some long-distance races down the line...but they'll most likely be early in 2016. The main ones ahead of me are the Ocala Half-Marathon in January and Gainesville's FivePoints Half-Marathon the following month. I had been considering trying to complete a marathon-distance race sometime this winter, but the foot problem has put that idea on hold...unless I make dramatic progress during the next few weeks...