CONCACAF, which is an incredibly long acronym standing for Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football, is the group comprising both national and league soccer teams in the northern part of the western hemisphere. They've already held their league tournament and are now playing their odd-year national teams tournament, called the CONCACAF Gold Cup, and which is now in the group stage. There are twelve teams in three groups...after each team in a group finishes playing the other three, the top two in each group advance along with the two third-place finishers with the best records. In other words, the group stage only reduces the number down to eight, which then begin the "knockout" rounds. The final will be held on July 26. The United States, which has tended to dominate this tournament in recent years, will once again be the primary host nation, with Canada also providing sites for some matches...
The games in the Gold Cup are being shown on TV, on Fox Sports 1 (Gainesville's Cox Channel 62) and Fox Sports 2 (Channel 267). Tonight, the U.S. will play Haiti starting at 8:30. This match will be shown on Fox Sports 1, but I'll miss it since I'm working at that time...
I expect the United States to encounter the most opposition from Mexico and Costa Rica, each of which is currently in a different group. Personally, I'd rather watch league play...at this time of year it's pretty much Major League Soccer, based in the U.S. and Canada. Still, if a Gold Cup game happens to be going on and I'm at home, I might just watch it, regardless whether the American team is involved...