On June 11, WUFT-FM, which broadcasts a talk/news format on 89.1 mHz, announced that, pending expected FCC approval, they will soon be starting a new station on 92.1 that will feature classical music, the 89.1 station's original format years before they changed their programming (to my chagrin). This station already exists as an HD-radio option for those equipped with such receivers, but I don't have one and am looking forward to the resumption of good classical music over the open airwaves here in Gainesville. I have three questions about the new station, though. One, when is the new station going to begin its broadcasts? Two, how powerful will the signal be...will it be as strong as the 89.1 signal, or will it be a hard-to-pick-up low-power signal like the station on 94.7?. And, three, will it actually be broadcasting classical music 24/7, or will it have that late night/early morning jazz programming from before, which used to annoy me to no end?
All questions aside, I welcome the new station and look forward to listening to it...