In June, following May's left leg strain, I built back up my total running mileage, finishing the month at 303. I spread out my runs over the course of each day, so I didn't have a "long" run per se. My longest single run was for 4.2 miles. I ran on each day of the month...
The weather where I'm at is horribly hot and muggy...and when the humidity does drop, the temperature goes into the upper 90's...not very conducive to long-distance running. So indoor running has become the norm for me, although I like to get outside on the road for a short run from time to time.
As for races in July, this upcoming weekend features two on July 4th, both starting at 8 AM. In Gainesville, there's the three-mile Melon Run at Westside Park, which I've raced in before. In Branford, a few miles west of Fort White and Ichetucknee Springs on US Highway 27, they are holding the Firecracker 5K/10K. I'm wondering which, if any, of these events I want to run in. If I do decide to participate, I plan to just treat the race as a training run, with my focus on just covering the distance. And this time I'm carrying a bottle of Gatorade with me...in my last 10K race, the organizers didn't provide us with anything but water in that very humid afternoon event...