Former Arkansas governor and FoxNews fixture Mike Huckabee has announced that he is once again running for president. Huckabee joins Carly Fiorina and Ben Carson, along with several earlier announced candidates, in what is amounting to a flood of candidacy declarations...and this a year and a half before the 2016 election. When they all finally get there in the ring, I wonder how they're going to handle the logistics of holding debates between them. I do know that watching news channels is going to be an even greater ordeal than usual, with these faces going to whatever lengths they can to grab headlines...or their opponents trying to put them in a negative spotlight. Groan...
I can't believe that most of these candidates are so full of themselves that they think they will slip through and get their party's nomination, so there must be other reasons for them to run for president. But I do think a lot of them ARE full of themselves and see an opportunity here to be the focus of attention. Others may be running for vice-president or the cabinet of the ultimately successful candidate, hopefully from their own party...and think that by running for president this will give them more political leverage with their ambitions. And then again, some may be running for a FoxNews job down the line! Who knows...although each and every one of them is putting out the narrative that they just love their country and want to change it in a better direction. I suppose, though, that the ones who last the longest in the campaign will find that their stated agendas will support the specific agendas of the wealthy organizations and individuals pouring money into their campaign funds, not necessarily those candidates who are willing to make the tough decisions to make this country stronger and give its people hope for the future...