Saturday, April 4, 2015
Final Four Just Started, Rooting for Underdogs Tonight
The NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament, now down from 68 teams to 4, will whittle that number further to 2 after this evening's games, first between Michigan State and Duke, and then between Kentucky and Wisconsin. My overriding wish at this stage is to see Kentucky, "my" Florida Gators' biggest basketball rival, out of it and finished with their hopes for an undefeated season. So to this end, I want underdog Wisconsin, a team toward which I normally have no opinion, pro or con, to beat them. As a matter of fact, should the Badgers manage this improbable feat, I'm prepared to make them a favorite team of mine out of sheer gratitude...even for the next few seasons! But only if they beat the Wildcats. As for the other game, Michigan State is traditionally a school I support while Duke is one that I don't...so the Spartans, likely to lose this contest, still get my nod. So I want Wisconsin to face Michigan State for the championship game to be played Monday evening...but in all likelihood it's going to be Kentucky vs. Duke...