Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My March 2015 Running Report

In March, I ran a total of 322 miles, spreading my mileage out over each day with few long individual runs.  My longest distance for a single run in the month was only 6.3 miles...I ran 6.2 when I finished the difficult Tioga Run for Haven 10K on March 14 on an unseasonably hot and muggy Saturday afternoon.  I found running not as enjoyable as usual for most of the month, and my right foot began aching toward the end.  But taking a couple of days off from running, stretching before runs and running only with my thick-soled shoes seem to have alleviated the problem.  As it was, those two days were the only ones in March in which I didn't run.

I'm not sure which direction I'm going with my running.  We are entering the "hot" season here in northern Florida and the long-distance races that I am more inclined to enter are pretty much gone until well into the fall season.  But I can still continue my "one race a month" string by running in local 5K events, of which there seem to be a preponderance around Gainesville year-round.  Melissa likes to walk in them, so we can find one this month to our liking and do a run/walk together.  As for how many miles I want to tally up running, I may consider doing less...