Sunday, November 30, 2014

My November 2014 Running Report

November marked a continuation from October with my dramatic rise in running mileage.  I amassed a total of 313 miles run, as I would often run several times over the course of a day.  My longest single run of the month was 10.3 miles, on Saturday the 15th.  This was also the date of my greatest ever total of miles run over the course of a single day: 31 miles.  Also, I ran on every day of the month...although taking a break every now and then is probably advisable.

As for public running races, I  skipped the St. Augustine Half-Marathon on the 16th I had been considering entering and instead ran the 10K Gainesville Turkey Trot race on Thanksgiving morning, the 27th.  I finished 5th out of 13 in my age group with a time of 56:56, a slower time by more than three minutes than my effort in the same race a couple of years earlier but understandable due largely to the marshy and muddy grounds at the race site (there was very heavy rainfall the previous day).

Next month I wish to continue my running as I have done in November, and try out at least one half-marathon race.  The most likely candidate for this is an early Saturday evening race being held in Palm Coast, Florida on the 20th...