Sunday, November 2, 2014

Looking Ahead at Upcoming Half-Marathon Races

I'm looking ahead at the half-marathon calendar before me, specifically for the races available for the next few months here in northern Florida.  I see a few ahead that I might be interested in entering:

November 16 (Sunday): St. Augustine Half-Marathon
November 30 (Sunday): Space Coast Half-Marathon...in Cocoa
December 20 (Saturday evening): Starlight Half-Marathon...in Palm Coast

...and on New Years Day 2015, the annual John Walker Memorial Half-Marathon will take place here in Gainesville, on the Hawthorne Trail.

I think I did something like this preview on my blog last year, too, but didn't feel I was in good enough shape to run in a half-marathon at the time.  Now I feel differently, but I still have this sense of inertia about stepping forward, registering, and then getting out there and running them.  But I do have a good feeling about the November 16 and January 1 races...I'd love to run through St. Augustine!

Next January and February will feature the Ocala and FivePoints (Gainesville) Half-Marathons, respectively.  I'd like to run in both of these races.  Should I finish the winter half-marathon season down here in Florida will four more races to my "collection", that would be, at least for me, quite a feat.  So let's see how I do in the next few weeks...