Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Heat vs. Spurs in NBA Final Series

Well, another entire year has come and gone, and here we are in the National Basketball Association final championship series, after all the analysis, speculation, and controversy...with the same two teams facing off.  And that's how it should be, with little to be surprised about.  These are the two best teams in the league right now. The Miami Heat are looking for their third straight championship while the San Antonio Spurs are looking for some "redemption" for their very close loss in the series to the Heat in 2013.  Leading up to this, I had been looking forward to the exciting matchups between Miami and Indiana, and between San Antonio and Oklahoma.  But unfortunately, with only a couple of exceptions, the games were rather lop-sided with one team dominating the other.  I would have preferred game after game coming down to the final minute or two.  I'm especially disappointed with the Thunder, who had a bit of difficulty on defense containing the Spurs. 

The first game between the Heat and Spurs will take place on Thursday at San Antonio.  I probably won't get to see much or any of it, and I have no idea who'll win the game or the series...