Saturday, March 29, 2014

Rainy Morning Rest Break

Last night Melissa brought to my attention a 5K race at UF that was to be held this morning.  I checked it out on the Internet and discovered that there was also one going on at Westside Baptist Church west of Gainesville.  I weighed the idea of getting up early the next morning and going out on one of them, but decided against it.  No, I felt I needed the sleep...and as it turned out, I ended up sleeping about eleven hours.  I missed a race opportunity, but that's O.K. since (1) I hadn't yet paid the entry fee (2) I needed the rest/sleep and now feel refreshed, and (maybe most of all) (3) it has been raining like crazy all morning long and the streets look like one giant network of slip 'n slides...

Instead I am once again sitting here on a Saturday at the Magnolia Parke Starbucks, this time in the early afternoon, looking outside at the dreary, wet parking lot. But the music's good, the coffee's even better, and I'm doing all right (getting good grades, the future's so bright I gotta wear shades)...