Monday, March 31, 2014

My March 2014 Running Report

After my half-marathon race on 2/16, I had planned on stepping up my running to a level that would allow me to feel comfortable entering any half-marathon race, at any time of the year.  Unfortunately, at the very end of February I somehow managed to strain my lower back and had to curtail my running to a degree.  Still, I managed to cover 111 total miles and run on 28 of March's 31 days (although some runs were very short).  My longest single run was for 5.6 miles.  Good figures, but I had wanted all of them to be higher. 

I also had opportunities to run in races in March.  A couple I missed because of the back problem: the 10K in nearby Tioga on the 15th and a half-marathon near St. Petersburg on the 23rd.  This last Saturday, the 29th, we had two 5K races: I didn't choose either because I was tired and besides, it ended up raining the morning of the races.  But I don't feel bad about missing any of these events. 

I would like to run in something in April, and in each month thereafter...even if it is only a 5K race.  I think that running in at least one public race is something new that I would like to start including in my monthly running goals...