Friday, January 31, 2014

My January 2014 Running Report

A year ago in January, I ran in the Ocala Half-Marathon and amassed 200 miles for the month while running every day.  This year in January I only ran about half that amount, 102.08 miles to be exact. However, I somehow did manage to run on every day of the month.  And although I skipped the Ocala Half-Marathon this year and didn't run any races this month, I am going to run tomorrow's Education for Life 5K event with my daughter tomorrow morning, taking place here in Gainesville at Westside Park.  My longest single run in January was relatively short: 4.54 miles. 

I'm still entertaining thoughts of entering Gainesville's FivePoints Half-Marathon for February 16.  I'm not in the same running shape, though, that I was a year ago.  But to just cover the distance without concerning myself about my time would still be a pretty nifty accomplishment for me...and I love the course, which goes through much of Gainesville...