I'm sitting here early Sunday evening, considering a few things and enjoying life. The NFL playoffs look as if, with only one game left this weekend to finish and that result looking to be in Denver's favor over San Diego, what many pigskin prognosticators and the beginning of the season had forecast will be proven true: San Francisco plays at Seattle for the National Conference championship and New England plays at Denver for the American Conference title, with the winners of those games facing off in the Super Bowl. It almost never happens like this, but this year it looks as if the favorites will prevail. I had wanted that Seahawks/49er pairing in the NFC, but the AFC has been pretty disappointing. First I wanted Miami to make the playoffs, but they blew it playing poorly in their final two regular season games. Then I wanted Kansas City to advance in the playoffs, but they blew a 38-10 lead over Indianapolis and they're out, too. Now I'm left with San Diego, but alas, they are currently behind Denver 17-0 in the third quarter with little sign of an offense so far. Oh well, it looks as if I'll be pulling for the NFC in the Super Bowl!
The weather today was beautiful, reaching a high of 65 with very low humidity. I went on an afternoon run of 3.25 miles around my neighborhood. I had plenty of energy throughout, but didn't feel that I was ready to try a 13.1 mile half-marathon anytime soon. Unfortunately, I need to decide very soon whether to enter the Ocala Half-Marathon, scheduled for next Sunday morning. I'm thinking instead of running a 5K race here in Gainesville with my daughter on February 1 in preparation for next month's local FivePoints Half-Marathon, an event that for various reasons I haven't been able to run in since 2010...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment