I was watching my local weather TV station yesterday evening when they displayed their day-to-day forecast for the upcoming week, stretching ahead to a five-day outlook. The temperatures were projected to be higher than usual for this time of year, but on the fifth day they had a projected high of 67 degrees with a low of 46. That would be more to my liking and gave me something to look forward to. But a funny thing happened between last night and this morning: the forecast for that very day changed to a high of 82 and a low of 63, with no cooling in sight!
We're already experiencing near-record high temperatures for this time of year here in north central Florida...and evidently more is to come. Ironically, it seems, though, that every time I tune in to a football game anywhere else in the country, the spectators are all bundled up in winter clothing. Only down here things are continuing to operate in "warm" mode.
I'm also getting sick and tired of the talking anchor heads on my local TV news station WCJB/Channel 20. They consistently brand anything in the weather that doesn't involve clear, hot skies all day long as "bad". For me, I've had my share of clear, steaming hot days (and nights) much too much this year and would like a little respite from it. Just give me a nice, cool overcast day, please...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment