Monday, October 28, 2013

Encouraging Road Runs Last Two Days

Yesterday I had a very encouraging 3.95 mile run around my neighborhood.  The temperature was a cool 71 degrees with a humidity of 37%.  I didn't go fast, but at the end I felt that I could easily have run a few miles more...however, nighttime was quickly descending and I had other things I needed to do.

Now I just got inside after another twilight neighborhood road run, this one for 3.25 miles.  My pace was slower as well, but that is to be expected after not running on the road very much recently.  It was warmer than during yesterday's run: 77 degrees with 41% humidity.

On November 16, the Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon will take place here in Gainesville.  I still have hopes of running in it, but I need to get my road-running legs back in gear, after an excruciatingly hot, humid, and protracted summer that had me fleeing to the treadmill for my running.  And running on a treadmill just isn't the same as running on the road! Also, if I do run this race, I won't be trying to set any personal records: just finishing it and having a good recovery will mark it as a success to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment