Monday, September 2, 2013
Follow-Up on Nova
The Delphinus nova discovered a few days ago has dwindled down in magnitude to the point where it can no longer be seen by the naked eye...at least by MY naked eye here within the city. On a number of nights when it was brighter I walked outside to view it, only to be confronted by a sky filled with clouds. Only one night was there a clear sky, but unfortunately I was then in too much of a hurry to get somewhere to stop and take an unhurried look. The nova never did get to be very bright against the backdrop of stars and at its brightest would have appeared as a faint connecting star between the already-faint tiny constellations of Sagitta and Delphinus. Still, I regret having missed out on seeing it. I suppose, if I want to, I can take out my binoculars in the next night or two and compare my observations of the section it's in with a detailed star map, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about finding a point that doesn't fit on a map and then automatically proclaiming it to be that nova...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment