Earlier this afternoon I was riding south on Interstate 75, which skirts the western end of Gainesville. I got on it at Exit 390, which was the furthest north exit for my home town. I passed Exit 387, which connects with Newberry Road and the Oaks Mall areas. Then, less than three minutes later was Exit 384, which leads to Archer Road and the region of student apartments and condos. Its northbound exit was so backed up that there was stopped traffic going well into the interstate lane. It had begun: the annual return of University of Florida students by the thousands!
I'm sure this new collection of students will seem even younger than the previous ones (funny how that works). Most of them will be confined more or less to the University campus, their own apartments/dorms/condos, and the surrounding shopping areas. But when it comes to going to Starbucks again, I know I'll have an almost impossible task of finding indoor seating...because they'll be he-e-re, too!
Friday, August 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment