In August I continued increasing my running mileage, amassing a total of 132.6 miles. The longest run was for 10 miles, and I ran on 30 out of the month's 31 days. Back in May I wouldn't have thought this possible, what with the plantar fasciitis in my right foot causing pain in the heel and arch. But I have been careful to wear snug-fitting shoes with thick soles, and have faithfully done daily stretching exercises to help alleviate the problem. The result has been that this condition no longer limits me with my running. Still, I am right now a bit overweight and as such am not running as well as I could were I to weigh, more optimally, about 15-20 pounds less.
I still intend to run a couple of half-marathon races here in Gainesville this fall, the first to take place on September 28. I deeply wish that the weather will have cooled down a bit by that time. This must be the most unpleasantly hot and humid summer I've experienced in recent memory...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment