It's been a few days since I have had access to a computer to file a blog article, so my June 2013 running summary is a little bit delayed. But here it is anyway...
In June, I still had the ongoing issue with my right foot. Still, I seem to have learned how to manage it by following prescribed daily stretching routines, wearing sturdy shoes, and applying ice to the heel after running to keep down inflammation. There is still some pain, but it isn't intensifying. And my running has been increasing: I ran a total of 43.97 miles for the month, running on 19 days. That's an improvement from May's bleak totals. My longest run was 4.3 miles. Taking into account alternative "MECT" (see earlier article) activities, the total June mileage goes up to 54.57 miles.
I can feel that my endurance has slipped quite a lot over the last couple of months. And I don't enjoy running and its effects as much as before, with this problem of foot pain nagging me like this. Still I plod on, hoping that in time I'll return to an earlier level of enjoyment...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment