Friday, May 31, 2013

My May 2013 Running Report

This past month, my right foot had some pain issues, and I laid off the running for much of the month.  I ended my 370-day streak of running on the 6th, and won't be consciously trying to run on consecutive days for a protracted period anymore!  During the period away from running, I tried some alternative cross-training activities, to which I assigned "miles-equivalent" values, or MECT.  My total actual running mileage was 28.54 miles, my MECT was 13.36 miles...so the total in May was 41.90 miles.  I ran on 13 days, but with cross-training I ended up working out on a total of 19 days.  My longest run was for 4.51 miles.

I am trying some medically-suggested strategies for dealing with my foot problem, and perhaps this will enable me to resume a reasonable, albeit more moderate running regimen.  But only time will tell...  

No comments:

Post a Comment