Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NCAA Tourney So Far

The buzz going around the college basketball world right now is the upstart Florida Gulf Coast College team, in only its second year as an NCAA Division I school, not only making it to the championship tournament but also winning its first two games and getting all the way to the "Sweet Sixteen".  I'm impressed as well, but now its time for them to graciously bow out as they face my Florida Gators in the next round this Friday night.  Not that I believe that will happen, though.  It will probably be a very hard-fought contest; nevertheless I see the Gators prevailing, if for no other reason than that their coach Billy Donovan will have laid out some very effective strategies for his players to stop the Eagles.  It will be an interesting game for me to watch: with my new schedule in place, it'll be smack dab in the middle of my "weekend"!

Elsewhere in the NCAA men's hoops tourney, things have been generally going well for my teams, with Florida, Louisville, and Miami advancing to this round.  North Carolina, though, fought gamely but lost out to Kansas, a very possible Gator opponent in the following round should they get by Florida Gulf Coast...

No comments:

Post a Comment