February turned out to be an unexpectedly good month for my running, in spite of its beginning with me suffering from an upper respiratory malady and having concerns regarding work and family. In fact, although I didn't reach the pinnacle of 200 miles that I attained in 31-day January, I made full use of this 28-day month, piling up 180.41 miles in all. I also was able to maintain my personal record consecutive day running streak, at month's end standing at 304 days. My longest run in February was for 10 miles. I didn't participate in any public races, though.
I tended to continue my routine of splitting up my daily runs into morning/road and night/treadmill components, establishing the truth that you can get yourself to do practically anything if you can just get first habituated to it! The weather in February generally sucked, with ridiculously warm temperatures and suffocating humidity, making me sometimes question myself what planet I live on, of course with a nod to Star Trek's Dr. McCoy (I wonder if you know what I'm talking about). Good news, though: winter seems to be back, at least at the start of March. It's getting back down into the thirties at night, and the race I plan to run on March 3 promises to have a shivery start. But that's cool...I mean REAL cool. Literally, dude...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment